Orion are looking for two new Resident Engineers.
ORION Company Overview
Orion specialises in automation and are independent integrators of MHE and sortation equipment within the logistics and manufacturing industry. This role will give someone the opportunity to be involved in a thriving young company, the fastest growing automation business in the UK. We are looking for a Resident Engineer to join our dynamic and innovative team.
Resident site Engineer
A European premium-tier producer and leading manufacturer of flexible polyethylene based packaging based at Southampton.
Primary job description
As a Resident Engineer, you will maintain, repair and support the customers MHE (material handling equipment) detailed within the agreed Orion contract. Customer site equipment includes:
• Pallet conveyors
• Pallet cranes and transport shuttles
• Vertical lifting platforms
• Siemens controls
• Polyethylene manufacturing equipment
• Printing presses
The Resident Engineer will represent the Orion image at all times and ensure that a professional relationship with the client is developed and maintained
• Carry out AMHE equipment servicing in accordance with the quality standards and time schedules as set out in the Operation and maintenance documents provided
• To undertake scheduled repairs to industry standard practices
• Diagnosis of Mechanical / Electrical / Electronic / PLC / PC faults and subsequent repairs
• To comply with Health & Safety legislation at all times
• To ensure quality of output at all times
• To accurately record all work undertaken
• To have a proactive involvement in continuous improvement
• To ensure on-site spares are kept to optimum levels and report variants to supervisor.
• To represent ORION in a professional manner at all times and maintain customer relations.
• To adhere to the Quality processes and procedures as set out by the company
• Primarily ensuring delivery to both Orion and our Customer’s expectations with the aim of achieving KPI targets at all times.
In addition to your Primary duties, and with any downtime from the work stated above, you may be called upon to assist the customer engineering team in their production facility.
The Primary job role of supporting the site AMHE (Automated material handling equipment) takes priority over the secondary role.
As an employee of Orion you are joining us as an essential part of our business. There are many opportunities to help out other customers we support and we will occasionally offer this to all our teams in a collaborative effort to achieve an enjoyable and exciting customer experience, that ensures our clients succeed.
• Apprenticeship trained engineer with electrical qualification. (preferred)
• A working understanding of electrical and mechanical technical manuals and ability to read electrical schematics / drawings.
• Basic understanding of PLC equipment.
• Minimum NVQ Level 2 / City and Guilds in an engineering discipline
• Excellent IT Skills and proficient with Microsoft excel and word.
• Previous experience of working in an operational engineering role within a similar environment
• Experience of managing customer relationships
• Able to work a rotating shift pattern and be part of the on-call escalation process.
• Excellent communication skills and customer focus
• Ability to work in a time critical environment
Orion will supply basic training for:
LOTO (lock out Tag out)
WAH (working at height)
Rescue from height
Orion will offer a developmental training program on the sites specific Kit. A Skills Matrix will be provided to help you track your learning progress in the specified skills and knowledge you require, as well as any additional interests you may have in working on our equipment.